Necessary Documents

These documents will help individuals gather the necessary information they need so quality care can be delivered.

  • Power of Attorney: The Power of Attorney Form will give legal authority over your finances, limited or broad. You can obtain this document from an attorney, stationary store, or private on-line company.
  • Representative Payee: Appoint a Representative Payee who will help with managing your benefits from Social Security, Veterans Administration, or Railroad Retirement for now or the later in the future.
  • Trust: A trust will give someone the rights to your property. It could also be set up as a power of attorney. Consult with an attorney if you are considering a trust.
  • Advance Directive for Health care Decisions: You can access Maryland’s Advance Directive Form by clicking here to choose from a health representative or to plan a health treatment.
  • Physician's Orders for Life- Sustaining Treatment (POLST): Physician's’ Orders for Life- Sustaining Treatment is an order based off of patient’s wishes to either provide or deny life-sustaining treatments. You can access Maryland’s POLST here.

Related Links

For more in-depth assistance, contact your local MAP office directly or call the statewide toll-free number (1-844-627-5465).

Connect with your local MAP office.

Maryland Access Point (MAP) staff are available to help you explore your options to meet your current needs or create a plan for the future.

Connect now

Disclaimer: Please note that because providers voluntarily list their services on this site, all providers in the state may not be listed. While we strive to ensure the accuracy of the information on this site, the inclusion of a provider listing on Maryland Access Point does not constitute a recommendation or endorsement of that services. Always use appropriate caution by consulting trusted advisers and checking references and licensure before hiring a care provider.

Please wait