The first steps in planning for long-term services involve educating yourself on local resources, asking questions, and assessing your situation.
Here are a few things you can do to get started as you plan for your future:
- Assess your need for long-term services and supports.
- Consider your financial circumstances and how they may change over time.
- Maintain your health and independence by having healthy eating habits, physical activity, mental stimulation and regular health care check ups.
- Talk with your friends and family about what kinds of care you would like.
- Familiarize yourself with local resources.