Area Agencies on Aging (AAA)
Area Agencies on Aging (AAA) are local agencies that assist and support older adults, family caregivers, and adults with disabilities. AAAs are the lead agency for Maryland Access Point and you can find MAP located within each AAA and, in some areas, at local senior centers.
- Planning Assistance: To understand your options and develop an action plan for services that meet your goals and needs.
- Access: Work with MAP staff to complete applications for available public or private pay services, navigate the public long term care system, get information and referrals to health and social services providers, and connect with necessary services.
- Community Services—senior center activities, meals in a social, group setting, adult day care, nursing facility ombudsman, elder abuse prevention, legal assistance, employment counseling and referrals, and health and fitness programs
- In-home services: chores, personal care, home-delivered meals, home repair and home modifications to support independent living
- Caregiver Support: respite, counseling, and education programs
For more in-depth assistance, contact your local MAP office directly or call the statewide toll-free number (1-844-627-5465).