Senior Centers are also known as Community Centers, Activity Centers, 50+ Centers, or Intergenerational Centers. There are over 125 centers in Maryland.
Community/Senior Centers offer:
- Fitness programs for learners of all experience levels including “sit and stretch,”chair. aerobics, strength training, yoga, Tai Chi, dance and movement classes.
- Free and low-cost health screenings including blood pressure, cholesterol, thyroid, depression, glucose (for diabetes), nutrition, hearing, vision, stroke, osteoporosis, foot and several types of cancer.
- Flu or pneumonia shots are offered during the Fall months.
- Disease prevention and health education seminars.
- A link to volunteer opportunities, peer engagement, and community events.
- Find your local senior center HERE
For more in-depth assistance, contact your local MAP office directly or call the statewide toll-free number (1-844-627-5465).